When is a knot not a knot? When it's a grip.
The knot outlined in this video isn't a knot per se but a way to wrap objects to increase their grip and also to store extra paracord. Specifically, this video demonstrates how to County Comm Micro Widgy Bar, which is a miniature pry bar. It's made from hardened D9 steel and is around 3? in overall length.
The wrapping shown isn't a very complicated wrapping, but still provides a nice secure way to lock in the paracord. Some people like to wet paracord before wrapping which will enable you to get the wraps tighter, but if you're concerned about that, you should also use a vise to hold the object you're wrapping.
This video uses around two feet of paracord to wrap this Micro Widgy Bar, but depending on your lanyard length you might want to use a few more inches.
* Increase the grip of an object
* Storing Paracord
* Decorating an object
1. To follow along with these instructions, your object will need to have two holes for paracord
2. Start my taking working end and passing it through the backside of the uppermost lanyard hole
3. Give yourself plenty of line when passing out of the hole, as this length will determine the length of your lanyard
4. The standing part now becomes your working end as you wrap a single turn either clockwise or counter-clockwise around the object
5. This first wrap is also placed on top of the standing part
6. As you wrap the second turn place your standing line on top of the turn creating and under/over pattern
7. The third wrap will be an "over" turn and you'll start to see the pattern emerge
8. Repeat this under/over pattern until you reach the bottom hole in your object
9. At this point thread your standing line through the hole
10. End the final wrap with your working end so that it winds up enabling you to thread it through the backside of the bottom hole
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades