This video gives you a quick and easy way to create a sun compass and how to use specifically in the southern hemisphere. With just the use of sticks, stones, and a shadow, you'll be able to get an accurate north/south line and determine your principle compass points. With the knowledge of course that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. This is a great alternative if you were to ever loose or break your compass when hiking, camping, or simply being adventurous outdoors.
In the Southern Hemisphere the sun moves through the northern sky at noon. The noontime shadows are pointing south rather than north and they move counterclockwise. This can mess up the internal sense of directon from people from the northern hemisphere as their intuitive sense of north and south gets flipped on its head.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades