Porphyra umbilical. Most know it as laver, a type of edible seaweed found along the Wales coastline, and also other areas in the United Kingdom, Europe and Asia. Porphyra umbilical is best known for the Welsh delicacy of laverbread.
Andrew shows off his coastal foraging skills in this bushcraft how-to, teaching you how to identify and cook the Welsh national dish of laverbread. In Japan, it's called nori. The high iodine content gives the seaweed a distinctive flavor, somewhat like olives and oysters.
After boiling the laver, you mix in some oatmeal. Then you fry it in a pan with some really fatty bacon, and then spread it on an English muffin or bagel. Mmm.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades