Purify water 3 different waysThere are three water purification methods demonstrated: Chlor floc tablets, 2% tincture of iodine and a MSR hand filter.Gather water into your plastic bottle. Add one chlor floc tablet to one liter of water. Close the top and shake the bottle for one minute. Wait seven to ten minutes. The floculation agent in the tablet takes the dirt out of the water so that it can be separated. Strain the water using a bandana over the cup to trap all loose sediment. The water will taste chlorinated, but it is safe.Fill the canteen with water. Add five drops of 2% tincture of iodine per quart of water. If the water is cloudy, double the drops to ten. Shake. Loosen the threads on the canteen top to allow leakage. This will purify the threads in case something got on there. Boil the water in the cup on the small stove provided as part of the canteen holder. Let the water cool and place it in the canteen.Hand filter: The filter life goes really fast so use the hand filter method sparingly. Place the hose in the water. Place an aquarium hose on the nipple in the bottom of the filter. It makes it easier to fill the canteen. Pump and fill the canteen with clean water.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades