Learn how to tie the sheep shank Boy Scouts knot. A sheep shank knot has two uses. First, you may use it to shorten a rope and maintain its strength for pulling. Its most useful purpose, however, is in situation when you cannot retrieve your rope. When lowering yourself over a rock (with no intention of returning up the face) how are you going to retrieve the rope that it tied to a rock or tree at the top? Tie a sheep shank knot close to the top end of the rope. Maintain tension on the rope and clip the center strand inside of the knot. Lower yourself. At the bottom, give the rope a flip and the sheep shank comes lose, leaving only a short piece at the top. I never have had the self-confidence to lower myself over a cliff with a sheep shank, but I have used one while crossing a swift, deep creek and I was darned glad to know how to use a sheep shank.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades