Learn how to tie this Boy Scouts knot. The tautline knot builds a loop that will easily get bigger - by sliding the knot up the rope toward the free end. But, when pressure is applied to the loop, it will not get smaller. Its most common use in Boy Scouts is on the ropes that attach a tent to tent stakes in the ground. The loose end is attached to the tent. The loop goes around the stake and the knot slides by hand to tighten or loosen the rope. But the tautline hitch knot will not slide by itself.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades