This video is a step by step guide to navigating using a compass and map. The clip shows a field trip with the instructor showing youngsters how to navigate their way round the Wicklow Mountains in Ireland. The compass has to be held firmly to the map so that the north can be seen. The compass can then be placed against the chest and you swivel round until the line on the wheel and the line on the outer disc line up. The grid lines on the compass must run parallel to the gridlines on the map. The direction of the travel arrow must be pointing to the destination. Then the wheel can be set and once again placed against your chest; it gives you the direction of travel.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades