David Wilcox and Caitlyn Szyska demonstrate how to use a compass without a problem. Parts of a compass include the ring, the orienteering arrow, magnetic needle, direction of travel arrow and declination scale. First, hold the compass out in front of you, making sure you hold it level. Move your whole body and point the direction of travel arrow to the object that you want to reach. Move the ring until the magnetic needle is lined up with the orienteering arrow pointing north. Once they are lined up, look at the direction of the travel arrow to determine the course determined by the ring. This gives you the bearing of the object. Use the declination scale and the degrees on the ring to navigate to a specific location using a bearing.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades