Dr. Elena Bodnar proposes a silly idea. Why not wear a bra that double as a gas mask? No point in being ill equipped (in the event of fires, terrorist attacks, dust storms or a swine flu outbreak). The instructions are simple: In the event of an emergency, remove bra.
The Ukraine native first conceived of the idea as a med school graduate, while treating victims of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear disaster. Bodnar was awarded the Ig Nobel Prize for the invention, an honor designated for achievements that "first make people laugh and then make them think."
When Bodnar delivered her award acceptance speech at Harvard University, the doctor stated: "Isn't it wonderful that women have two breasts, not just one? We can save not only our own lives, but also a man of our choice next to us."
True. You never know what hottie might be standing next to you in the wake of your next natural disaster.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades