"Besides shrubs and trees, there's plenty of different vegetation, like the cultivated date palm tree (Phoenix dactylifera), poplars, bushes, shrubs, grasses, and thickets of reeds around the marshlands, rivers, and even the irrigation ditches. There is also the colocynth (Citrullus colocynthis), which grows naturally in Iraq and bears fruits, but I wouldn't eat them because they contain a purgative (or laxative) used primarily as a derivative against rodents. The only thing I would consider safe to eat are the dates, everything else I would test first."
Soldier or civilian, the universal edibility test is useful, and Xyster's information is exhaustive.
More military-grade HowTo's by Xyster:
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades